Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's the second week of kindergarten and we told you that you needed to start walking in by yourself!  (which I now regret and feel we should walk you in everyday)  Your dad dropped you off the first time and after he did, he called me and said, "That was hard."  Ugh, if it was hard on your dad....you know it's gonna kill your mama!  And dad was right...watching you get out by yourself, clip on your backpack by yourself, shut the jeep door by yourself, hear you say, "goodbye, love ya", and then happily walk away and all I can see is the back of your backpack....OH MY HEART!  

Thankful for God's Word.  All morning I kept thinking of Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he shall not depart from it."  We are trying our best, dear son, to train you in the way YOU should go.  (I promise, not the way your dad and I want you too.)  =)  We picked GBCS because we believe with our whole hearts it is where you should be right now.  Oh the hours we prayed and discussed!  And we pray that your education will be a huge tool and asset in your future.  But we are trying, Caleb, to train you in God's Word, and pray that you will trust Him as your Savior from your sins, choose to follow Him all the days of your life, and glorify Him with all that you do.  

This morning was hard, but when I think of all you did by yourself.....I realize that our training is paying off!  

No comments:

Post a Comment