It's Friday! Dad and I argued about who was going to pick you up....so we finally decided to go together! =) You hopped right in and told us that because the day was different you didn't have nap time and that is when Mrs. Hunt does your notebooks (which you bring home everyday), so today you didn't have one. And then you said, "But I have to tell you something, I got a yellow face today."
My heart sank. So far you had only gotten green faces and now a yellow!? Your dad had wisely prepared me a few days before by telling me to not make too big of a deal about green faces, cuz one of these days.....
Ugh, I was disappointed. And not just in you! (You went only where the big kids are allowed during recess and got in trouble. We'll talk about that later!) But I realized I have a pride issue with you! My first reaction was to be embarrassed and not want anyone else to know! My standards are high for you....but my pride is WAY bigger. So, I'm working on my issues and hoping you will work on yours too. You are far from perfect, my sweet baby boy, and I hope you realize that soon. Thankfully, we have a Savior Who is perfect and willing to forgive your disobedience and my pride. Let's also ask Him to help us keep getting green faces and grow to become more like Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment